This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA/PATCH] breakpoint.c: fix until command
- From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- To: ezannoni at redhat dot com
- Cc: drow at mvista dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, msnyder at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 12:03:29 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFA/PATCH] breakpoint.c: fix until command
Elena Z writes:
> this is essentially what it does now. But instead of erroring out it
> stops at the exit from the current frame. Because we cannot reliably
> distinguish a. from b. Roughly, your error is equivalent to exiting
> the frame.
Yes. It is quite similar to the existing behavior, just with the
In a way, the point of the error is to seal off an unruly possibility.
That enables 'until' and 'until LOCATION' to be simple and consistent:
they would always stop in either the current frame or the return-breakpoint.
It's up to you to decide, I just needed to voice my proposal.
I will calm down now. :)