This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFA: Rename remote protocol's CRC function
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- To: Jim Blandy <jimb at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 16:50:25 +0000
- Subject: Re: RFA: Rename remote protocol's CRC function
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The documentation for the remote protocol probably ought to specify
which CRC is to be used for the qCRC packet; at the moment, the only
way to find out is to go read remote.c. The function's comment should
also describe it. Unfortunately, I don't understand CRC's well enough
to dope this stuff out myself.
As michael noted, it is static. Consequently I think just
`remote_crc32' is sufficient.
Can you please expand the comment:
to also mention, as you did in the cover note, that this is just one
member of a family of CRC funtions.
+/* The 32-bit CRC function used for the remote protocol's qCRC
+ packet. */
As for the doco, I'd bug report that.