This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFC: partial symbol table address range generalization
- To: Jim Blandy <jimb at zwingli dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: RFC: partial symbol table address range generalization
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:52:32 +0200 (IST)
- cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Jim Blandy wrote:
> I'd like to change GDB's `struct partial_symtab' structure to cover an
> arbitrary set of addresses, not just a single contiguous span of
> addresses. I've written code for a `struct addrset' datatype
> (essentially a linked list of ranges) and provided some functions to
> make it easy and robust to work with. I'd like to gradually wean the
> partial symbol table code away from the textlow/texthigh
> representation, and have it use an addrset to represent a partial
> symbol table's coverage.
Please consider writing something about this for gdbint.texinfo,
eventually. The GDB symbol table facilities and algorithms are
notoriously underdocumented at the moment, IMHO.