This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Linux thread debugging patch?
- To: Michael Snyder <msnyder at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Linux thread debugging patch?
- From: Mark Kettenis <kettenis at science dot uva dot nl>
- Date: 13 Mar 2001 11:55:08 +0100
- Cc: Kevin Hise <kevinh at ridgecrest dot ca dot us>, GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3AAD2530.D13A26CC@cygnus.com>
Michael Snyder <email@example.com> writes:
> Kevin Hise wrote:
> > Is there a patch for 5.0 that corrects the problems debugging PThreads on
> > Linux?
> What problem debugging PThreads on Linux? I was pretty sure that was working in 5.0...
> Mark K? You out there?
I don't know if the capitalization of PThreads is significant here.
All I know is that GDB 5.0 supports LinuxThreads (which is the
standard pthreads implementation on Linux), but that support has a
couple of serious problems. I almost completely rewrote the stuff for
GDB 5.1. I don't think it is possible to create a patch for GDB 5.0.
So the only advice I can give Kevin is to get a recent snapshot, and
see if that works.