Re: Changes

Rick Moseley wrote:

>>> Perhaps this can be left as a dormant goal, to be revisited when a
>>> working solution is at hand?
>>>
>>> A monitoring and tracing tool would be very useful.
>>>

>> Ditto. I will bring it up again when the time is right.
>>

> Agreed too.  The ability to catch a task as it is abnormally terminating
> and bring up the debugger is a powerful thing IMHO.  I don't see any
> need here to involve another app(Systemtap has been mentioned) to
> perform this feature.  I don't remember this being too difficult in
> Frysk(although I am not the one that implemented it.)

The tracing features is an area I would like to investigate when we look
at making frysk and systemtap work closely together.  But I want to see
a robust debugging app working first.

I would also like to see investigation into using systemtap or using
same interface to OS that systemtap uses, or using prebuilt tapsets,  to
implement fast and efficient conditional breakpoints / watchpoints /
catchpoints.

- Eric