Re: Specifying a debuginfo path independently of sysroot

Hi Rick,

The environment variable idea sounds good to me personally. Would this be checked in DwflCache.getDwfl before calling getRelativeSysroot and instantiating the new Dwfl instance?

Still, I don't fully understand why getRelativeSysroot always prepends the hardcoded "/usr/lib/debug" to anything you pass in. While that is the standard location to put debug files for binaries that go in /usr, what about software that goes in /usr/local or /opt?

Thanks,

Ray