Shortcomings of HPD '#' identifier qualification syntax

HPD syntax misses certain features that I'd like to use in ftrace (and
who knows, maybe fhpd users would appreciate them, too).  So here goes
my bikeshed problem:

1) You can't specify ELF symbol version,
2) You can't specify PLT entry

Number 1 can be solved by simply allowing the symbol name to have a form
of "symbolname@version".  "@" is good for that purpose, because it's
non-ambiguous, and already used by readelf to refer to symbol versions.

Number 2 can be resolved in any number of ways.  In ftrace, I currently
output traced PLT entries like "#soname#plt:symbolname".  This looks
nice, seems to be easy to remember, but would be hard to parse in the
context of ?: ternary expression.  objdump uses notation of the form of
"symbol@PLT", which would collide with symbol version syntax.  Maybe
something along the lines of ".plt:symbol"?

Opinions?  Ideas?

PM