meeting 2008-04-02 - versions and releases

We discussed versions and releases again; the intent is:

-> the release occurs the first Wednesday of each month:
- Monday/Tuesday do sanity checks and update NEWS
- Wednesday 0:00 GMT is tentative branch date
- Wednesday's meeting we check we're ok; review NEWS; and perhaps add last minute fixes

-> version
- This release will be version 0.2; the next 0.3; and so on, if we reach 0.9 then it isn't anything special

-> NEWS
- going into the Wednesday meeting; we should add news items, but we'll use Wednesday to review it

-> this month
We can get news stuff updated today and cut the official branch tonight