Re: Frysk Wiki

Hi,

On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 12:29 -0500, Sami Wagiaalla wrote:
> Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 09:27 +0000, Phil Muldoon wrote:
> >> Is there value in Frysk website moving to a similar mode, instead of
> >> static htdocs?
> >
> > Yes, I think that would be very valuable.
>
> I have been looking into this a little bit. What we need is a content
> management system with perhaps a wiki component. Asking around I was
> given the following suggestions:
>
> - Joomla
> - Drupal
> - MediaWiki
> - whatever gnome and fedoraproject use cant remember

fedora hosted uses Trac http://trac.edgewall.org/ it is very nice since
it is an everything in one solution for a project including bug tracker,
timelines, wiki, source browser, etc. I had it setup (but with most
things disabled) when we were experimenting with switching to mercurial:
http://gnu.wildebeest.org/trac/frysk

I don't have experience with Joomla or Drupal. Mediawiki is nice and
simple to setup and seems like something a lot of people can instantly
use.

But I would go with something that sourceware already offers. Especially
if we can trick Frank into setting it up for us. MoinMoin is pretty
decent. I just don't know a good solution for the spam issue, except
monitoring and cleaning it (or disabling new users).

Cheers,

Mark