Re: patch to add breakpoint commands

Tom Tromey wrote:
Here's a patch that adds breakpoint commands.  I recommend not
committing it, because it is ugly, but I thought I'd post it so folks
can see what needs to be done.

Problems with this:

* I really wanted to give commands a "-silent" option (I never liked
gdb's "'silent' is a magical first command" thing) -- but doing this
would mean hooking into BreakpointCommand.

I have to agree; hpd describes this entire group as "actionpoints" and lists:

- breakpoints
- watchpoints
- barrier

and we've suggestions for additions such as:

- catch syscall
- catch dlopen (?)
- catch signal
- catch fork
- catch clone
- catch exec

for all of these they have several things:

- the commands to run when the event is triggered
- should the hit be verbose or silent
- should the end result be to stop or continue (attribute or not?)
- ?

that can be characterised as attributes; as, dare I suggest, you're reading into the intent of the HPD, the way to do this is would be with -silent option to the commands that create and edit (see actions) actionpoints.

Andrew