Re: Frysk Wiki

Sami Wagiaalla wrote:

I have been looking into this a little bit. What we need is a content management system with perhaps a wiki component. Asking around I was given the following suggestions:

- Joomla
- Drupal
- MediaWiki
- whatever gnome and fedoraproject use cant remember

I personally think Joomla is our best option

Right, but as we as a project do not manage sourceware.org there is a limiting factor there. Frank offered to get the moinmoin wiki going and because there is an existing project using it (systemap), it might be easier that way.

In any case, I don't want us to spend Frank's goodwill onto something more "expensive" without asking him first ;) My hunch would be settling on an installed system/wiki already there, so the overseers do not have to play the security upgrade game.

However, from a pragmatic point of view: I'd like a wiki. How that is parceled and delivered is of no interest to me. If it is part of a CMS, so be it. Or just a dedicated wiki , so be it.

Regards

Phil