Re: [patch] Don't crash on stepping "bad frame"

Hi Andrew,

On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 11:02 -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> Interesting work-around; I'll add some comments to explain exactly
> where/when this senario occures.  And where/when it doesn't.  For
> instance a step-out through a sigalt stack, whith a bad unwind, will
> make the wrong decision.

Yes, please do add such documentation if you can. That would be very
valuable.

Note that there isn't any "good" decision really in the case of bad
unwind info where getOuterFrame() has to return null. Currently we try
to get the user back to "known territory", but we could also just drop
the user at the "bad address" and let them sort it out themselves.
Neither is really attractive of course.

Cheers,

Mark