Re: Watchpoint prorogation to child threads

Hi Phil,

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 15:13 +0000, Phil Muldoon wrote:
> A question about watchpoint prorogation to child threads:
>
> Thread A clones/forks Thread B
>
> In the state machine that deals with the watchpoint code, the new code
> will update cloned offspring with the same set of watchpoints.
>
> This is how I see it now. Are there useful use-cases that dictate that
> this behavior should not happen?

It would be nice if this is similar to the breakpoints. Low-level
breakpoints are the same on a clone (because they are really just
markers in the code segment which is the same), but they are cleared on
exec (because then the memory of the process is reset).

Cheers,

Mark