Re: "int pid" replaced with ProcessIdentifier

Mark,

You're right, but we've also not finished working through these transformations either. As code gets finished, the hacks you refer to will disappear.

There's one thing that is probably worth clarifying though. Things break down as follows:

ProcessIdentifier -> this is a live running host system dependent value.
Like the rest of frysk.sys, beyond frysk.proc.live and test cases, code should not be using those interfaces. A grep, unfortunately, shows otherwise. We've lots of work to do.

Proc/Task -> this is frysk's internal representation of a process/task and what client code manipulate

It's important that, as we push towards having our architecture support remote targets, we clarify the separation between these two.

Andrew

Mark Wielaard wrote:
Hi Andrew,