Re: Patch: Implement Info Command

Phil Muldoon wrote:
Andrew Cagney wrote:
Phil Muldoon wrote:

Usage: info help <sub-command> - will print out the sub-command's help. E.g. info help regs
this comes across as confusing - shouldn't it print information on the help system? Instead:

(fhpd) help info sub-command

Andrew

That would require the TopLevelCommand help inner-class system to know that the command info had help for the sub-command which it doesn't. In short, without a refactor of how help works, I do not think what you want will work. At least I think, the way help works is very confusing.

I stand corrected, it all seems to just work automajically. Something for free, after all ;)

(fhpd) help info auxv
auxv [-verbose]
Print out the process auxiliary data for this process.