Optimizing watchpoints

I wasn't going to do this in the first pass at watchpoints, but I might as well as think on it now.

Given that debug registers are very scarce, and that typically there might be a scenario where we could better optimize watching similar addresses and ranges, is there an established protocol for this?

I thought about checking addresses and ranges as a simple "we are already watching this address in another register and scope". But as usual things get hairy in C when you add in pointers (that pointer to pointers in structures and so on).

I suspect the answer here is "No" but can't help to ask, and establish the conversation ;)

Regards

Phil