Re: Patch for TearDownProcess

Kris Van Hees wrote:
The attached patch *does* open the possibility that a stray process may remain
after tearDown() has been executed if e.g. a process termination causes another
process to be created, etc... However, that will not cause a testsuite hang.
It is also not expected to pose a problem with the further execution of the
testsuite (in fact, it is very likely to get cleaned up during the tearDown()
of the next test).
Unfortunately this isn't theoretical. On a slower f5 machine; this happens consistently; invalidating test results.

Given the choices between a potential test-suite hang, and tear-down leaving waitpid events around, the decision was made in favor of the latter. That decision hasn't changed. Having the test run hang, is a lesser evil then the test-suite continuing but producing bogus results..

I restored the old behavior; and then added a timeout. It currently logs a message, I suspect it should abandon the test run, since the problem state hasn't gone away.

Andrew