Re: test Mercurial repository and Trac instance

Hi,

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 17:33 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> If you want to play with the mercurial repository start with:
> 	hg clone http://gnu.wildebeest.org/hg/frysk
>
> That is a read-only repository. But be gentle (it is 115MB), that is my
> personal machine, it should auto update a few times a day, but no
> guarantees that I keep it going. You can however recreate a similar
> repository with the attached script and then just put it in some cron
> job to periodically update.

I played a bit with Trac (http://trac.edgewall.org/) this weekend
(http://gnu.wildebeest.org/diary/2007/08/20/bad-memory/) and have now
also added a little Trac instance to more easily browse the mercurial
source code changesets. Trac is pretty nice and easy to setup (at least
on CentOS 5 with EPEL which has all needed packages already). I have
disabled all the fancy features (wiki, roadmap, ticketing/bugs system,
etc) and only enabled the source browser and source timeline view for
the Mercurial mirror. I even tried to theme it a little like the main
Frysk site, which was also pretty easy (OK, I mainly just made the
background gray and the links blue, I am no CSS wizard).

The Mercurial integration into Trac is not 100% yet, and clearly can be
optimized a little (read, it is slow). But the result is pretty nice for
easily viewing changeset diffs in various ways. Take a look if you like:
http://gnu.wildebeest.org/trac/frysk/

Of course everything is readonly and all changes are just automatically
generated from the cvs mirroring system (scripts to do it yourself
locally are attached to the main Trac page).

Cheers,

Mark