Re: Testing frysk.testbed.Funit*

Hi Andrew,

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 11:47 -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> I'm looking at ways to more directly test the frysk.testbed.Funit*
> classes (e.g., FunitExec, DetachedAckProcess) that wrap
> PKGLIBDIR/funit-* utilities, but am finding that the most effective
> route is to use frysk.proc's framework - duplicating the existing
> frysk.proc tests exercising frysk.proc functionality that is effectively
> testing that code.
>
> I could duplicate the tests but it seems redundant.  Any thoughts on a
> strategy?

I might be missing the exact cases you want to test. But can't you just
audit the current frysk.proc tests to see if they cover all relevant
cases already and if not add one or two tests to the existing proc tests
so all cases are covered? That way you will also extend the real proc
tests to handle more cases catching two birds with one stone (if that
isn't a terribly political incorrect saying).

Cheers,

Mark