Re: [patch] fix bug 4612

Kris,

Yes, the dogtail testing. You'll see that there frysk-gui tree now also contains JUnit tests; and we're able to more directly test components using that.

Pearly, you may want to talk to Sami about opportunities here.

Andrew

Kris Van Hees wrote:
Woops, my apologies for sending this off before responding to the first point
as well (I guess I do need more coffee):

I do agree that testing is important (obviously), and hope that we will be able
to increase our GUI test coverage as time goes by.  However, it clearly has
been a problem in the past as well (as witnessed by the very limited amount of
GUI tests that currently exist), and that is very understandable given the
framework needed to create those tests.  Andrew even mentioned at OLS thatthe
GUI is essentially not tested.

But we do need to get these bugs fixed, and make the GUI usable.  Given the
complexity writing GUI tests (using dogtail), it seem more prudent to wait for
the affected windows to stabilize to write tests.  Otherwise it's just going
to be a wasted effort.

	Cheers,
	Kris