Re: Leaving visible breakpoints in memory/core (Was: Breakpoint stepping)

Mark,

Expanding on our discussion:

-> user examining memory: breakpoints invisible
-> process dumps core via kernel: breakpoints are visible (no choice with current kernel infrastructure)
-> user requests fcore: breakpoints should not be visible

I.e., breakpoints and their implementation are not visible to the user (or beyond frysk.proc)

However, for our own debugging sanity, we will also need a way to examine the raw/modified memory to see what the program is really executing :-)

Andrew

Mark Wielaard wrote:
Hi Phil,