Re: Many new test failures (execvp: Too many open files)

Hi Andrew,

On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 12:14 -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> > Could you explain why the changes were made and what they were supposed
> > to do? That would help in reviewing the issue.
> >
> You described it; s/brokenXXX/unresolvedOnYYY/ ; this finishes the
> introduction of UNRESOLVED I started some time ago.

OK, I must have missed that sorry. So there is not supposed to be any
functional change just a global search/replace on the whole code base
because unresolved is a better term than broken?

>   You'll also see I
> killed some unused functions; and simplified unresolvedOnUtrace (as fc5
> is gone).  Perhaps it is that last change?

I'll try that out tomorrow morning. On irc we discussed the problem of
leaking file descriptors in things like Elf objects which currently seem
to rely on garbage collection to close out unused descriptors. So it
might also be some subtle change in memory use that make the garbage
collector trigger earlier or later. In that case it is probably that we
just fail to close()/destroy() the right object at the right time.

Cheers,

Mark