Re: frysk.gui -> frysk.gnome ;; /usr/bin/frysk -> /usr/bin/frysk-gnome

Kris Van Hees wrote:
To be slightly pedantic, why not use frysk.ui.gnome and frysk.ui.cli or
similar designations?  Since frysk features both a command line
interface and a graphical interface, it would make sense to organize
them both under a common user interface parent.  That also introduces a
perfect place in the hierarchy for abstract UI features (frysk.ui).

Or frysk.ui.gnome, frysk.ui.hpd, frysk,ui.eclipse, and frysk.ui.util? I've found keeping the hierarchy relatively flat gives a longer shelf life, and, for instance, in the case of HPD is it a user interface or a component used to build a user interface?

Andrew

PS: UI developers will happily point out that both "CLI" and "GUI" are bad :-)

You might also consider actually going with frysk.ui.gui.gnome (though
you might not like long classnames - I am not a fan of them but they do
have their uses in terms of namespace clarity) given that while the
current GUI is implemented using GNOME, there is no reason why an
alternative couldn't be implemented based on any other graphical
toolkit.

	Cheers,
	Kris