Re: frysk.proc.{ptrace,corefile} -> frysk.proc.{live,dead}

Mark Wielaard wrote:
Yes, but my point is more that pre-mature refactoring at this point
seems not a good idea. We don't seem to have all the information yet.
But maybe you do have a clear picture already. I am trying to get an
idea what we would really gain from it at this point. Which api users do
you have in mind and what are they doing now through frysk.proc (or
directly through frysk.proc.ptrace and frsyk.proc.core) that would be
better modeled through the proposed properties-based package
abstractions?

The user visible interface is frysk.proc, the rest is internal.

We could equally argue that the frysk.proc.ptrace refactoring was pre-mature. For that we discussed, agreed, and then I implemented; the result while a step forward has clear problems; perhaps I could revert it. This next step is along that path.

Remember, live processes can change state and so have observers, dead processes do not.

Andrew