Re: fstack options

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 13:51 -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> fstack's, and its pre-cursors - gstack and pstack, first priority is
> speed - get in, get a backtrace, get out - and I think it is fair to
> assume that having to scan multi-megabytes of .debug info would run
> against that goal (fstack probably shouldn't look in .debug_line by
> default either).
>
> Perhaps an option << fstack -a >> to reverse the goal and display
> everything known about the function would address this.

So would a 2 stage approach be an idea. fstack just gets the addresses
on the stack, writes them out (or buffers them) and gets out. Then the
result gets pushed through addr2line (or a frysk based alternative if
you want) that pieces together the actual source lines from the
addresses and the exe associated with the pid?

Cheers,

Mark