Re: Command line utilities argument types.

Nurdin Premji wrote:
I'm going to be refactoring how the command line utilities will parse their arguments to make them as unified as possible.

I've identified 4 types of input that can be passed to a command line utility: Pids, Core files, a command (executable with options), or nothing.

Would these be reported using a callback-interface?

Here is my interpretation of which command line utilities can take what types of arguments.

fcatch: pids, or a command.
fcore: pids.

and corefiles; hey why not, let one edit an existing core.
and for the sake of completion, it could also run a command then dump core on entry

fhpd: pids, corefiles, a command or nothing.
fstack: pids or cores.
fstep: pids or a command.
ftrace: pids or a command.

Is there anything I'm forgetting, or adding?

Andrew