Re: Automated build-and-test summary report (2007/05/23)

Hi Kris,

Is it possible to separate out the building and reporting functions so that there's a weekly summary showing trends? In general, crasher bugs are found quickly and directly by running the test-suite locally. Its the more obscure failures, that are missed by normal testing, and require drilling down through change/build history that are really helped by this system.

Andrew

Kris Van Hees wrote:
I may be missing something, but I honestly do not understand the issue
here.  Obviously, an automated build-and-test system that performs
nightly builds is hardly any use if the results are only emailed out
once a week.  The continuing existence of tests that show intermittent
failures, and the continued failure of the dist-builds (that you in fact
suggested be added to the list of configuration) indicates that we (as
developers) are not detecting and reporting all problems.  The automated
system is performing a full-scale test, and extracts the relevant output
from the tests, consolidating those in clear reports.

However, if receiving a daily report in email places an undue burden on
you, I can certainly disable the scheduling of nightly builds for Frysk.
There is no point in running tests when you don't want the results
distributed to the developers.

	Cheers,
	Kris