Re: Proposed frysk.rt.Display

Can you provide more context here please.
What is the problem the proposed Display object is solving ?

Adam Jocksch wrote:
From a discussion with Andrew:
> What is needed here is a higher level abstraction, a frysk.rt.Display (I'm not using Watch as that implies hardware
> WatchPoint) object, say, that worries about scope rules, and changing location, and being able to save/restore
> itself. The display object, when the program stops, would know to re-instantiate the underlying Variable (if still in
> scope) when the process stops.

So, mulling it over it sounds like frysk.rt.Display needs to have the following
- an isInScope() method or something akin to it in functionality
- some reference to the Variable itself. I'm guess that something like private Variable myVar is probably not what's
needed here; so should we be storing the variable's Location? or the higher level source#line#col?
- all of the value-access functionality already implemented in Variable (or a way to get a Variable from a Display,
then call get Int or whatever on it)

The second point is probably the trickiest one, and the point where I have the least idea of what would be sufficient/best.

Adam