Re: [Fwd: frysk-core/frysk/proc/ptrace AddressSpaceByteB ...]

Andrew Cagney wrote:
FYI,

This patch tests the ByteBuffer.slice methods of AddressSpaceByteBuffer, and RegisterSetByteBuffer. Using slice lets us avoid copying around memory and register values. For instance, given a large array variable, instead of copying its value into an ArrayByteBuffer, a slice of memory, containing just the array variable can be created.

Great, I'll start altering fcore to stream data from a slice() to disk directly instead of trying to load it up in ElfSections first. I'll probably want to stream 4k chunks from the slice'd buffer to disk at a time Will the underlying bulk get() mechanism compensate by using /proc/$$/mem over ptrace.peek eventually? Or is that something I should do when the frysk and ptrace threads are merged?

Regards

Phil