Re: Test coverage data

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 11:49:42PM -0500, Phil Muldoon wrote:
> Great, I'd love to see  how coverage changes on different host platforms
> (different platforms = different kernels = different bugs) and also
> different versions of Fedora Core.
>
> Is it also possible to have the data for both x86 an x86_64 for Fedora
> Core 5 as well? There are some tests enabled on FC5, that are not
> enabled on FC6 due to above.

Sure, provided people who have such systems available are willing to
donate some cycles each night to do an automated build-and-test run.
Now that I have coverage data generation pretty much automated, and
am able to generate meaningful metrics from it easily, I'm going to
integrate that with the automated build-and-test runs, so we get a
nice return on investment with every new system added (both test
results *and* code coverage metrics for those tests).

The frysk build now supports an --enable-coverage option to configure to
trigger compilation of all code with the --coverage option, so coverage
data can be captured.  I also have a script to analyze the data and
report basic metrics (as emailed out earlier today).  That will be added
to the automated runs.  I can also put it in Frysk CVS if that would be
helpful (though I am not sure what the most appropriate location for
something like this would be within the tree).  Either way, the real
value from this will indeed come from being able to see results from a
variety of systems.

But again, it all depends on people being willing to donate cycles.

	Cheers,
	Kris