Re: Re-naming proposals

Andrew Cagney wrote:

There are at least two^w three objects here, the first - is the point-of-contact for the tasks being displayed by the debug window and the second, used by this manager or poc , is the state. Finally there's a breakpoint object. I'd be looking to split this class into smaller components, like has been done for Task/TaskState, for instance.

In this context debug is a very overloaded term. Once the class has been broken down - Run, RunState, ... - a more obvious name will likely become clear.

I don't understand - so the states RunState is using for stepping a task should be broken into subclasses?

As far as breakpoints are concerned... that doesn't really matter. The original breakpoint class went into RunState because it was used for stepping. More general breakpoints for usage by fhpd or the debugging window probably should get their own class.

- Mike