Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Release of the automated build-and-test system

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 10:42:43PM -0500, Phil Muldoon wrote:
> I did one this evening, very nice!

Thanks.  Feel free to join us in doing nightly (or more frequent) runs,
and enable logs to get uploaded.  If you are interested, please let me
know.

> In addition to what Mark's points are, my only nit is for the addition
> of a -v flag so I can have an indication of what is doing. Perhaps what
> it module it is building/testing. Whether it is a dist/incr/fresh step?

I choose not to include a verbose flag (or any flag for that matter, at
this point) for build_farm.sh because all information is already being
logged anyway.  The build.log file provides a high level view on what is
going on.  Almost all status lines logged (beginning with --) mention
the project name somewhere in them, albeit not in the same place on the
various lines.  Perhaps printing the project name as part of each line
would help?

When you want to see more details on what the build is doing, you can
look at the build.<pkg>.<host>.log file, found in the build_farm
directory.  Those files (one per project) provide you with the
information that I would envision a verbose flag to provide anyway.
Given that it is already printed to a log file, I'm not sure that
duplicating that output in the build.log file adds much value?

	Cheers,
	Kris