Re: How do I build multiple variants of libunwind.

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 15:05 -0500, Nurdin Premji wrote:
> AM_ENABLE_MULTILIB macro

Hmm, I didn't even know automake had this feature, but typically
multilibs are used in reference to gcc.  For example a cross compiler
which might need to support software floating point and hardware
floating point libraries.  The toolchain will build different versions
of the libraries, putting them in a directory corresponding to the
multilib name and automagically link in the proper libraries depending
on options a user specifies on the command line.  gcc for x8664 builds
multilibs for x86 and x8664 (gcc/config/i386/t-linux64):
MULTILIB_OPTIONS = m64/m32
MULTILIB_DIRNAMES = 64 32
MULTILIB_OSDIRNAMES = ../lib64 ../lib

LIBGCC = stmp-multilib
INSTALL_LIBGCC = install-multilib

So in summary, I have not used the automake mechanism as gcc does not
(or did not) use it but it looks like it potentially might build m64/m32
multilibs for libunwind.