Question on CLI vs GUI, and today's call

First of all, am I right that the CLI and GUI interfaces are mere shells
on top of the actual debugger/monitor core that handles all actual
functionality, and leaves the user interaction portion to the CLI and
GUI code?  That largely seems to be the case, and I just wanted to
confirm that this strict separation of focus is adhered to everywhere.

Which leads to another question, or comment...  Especially today's call
made me wonder a bit about the separation of processing core vs UI
because it seemed (at least to me) that part of the discussion turned
into the mechanics of stepping in the presence of multiple threads
rather than the user interaction part only.  Generally, when discussing
UI aspects, if it is not clear what a certain button, menu item, or
other element (or combination thereof) is wired to in the processing
core, there is a fundamental problem.  It indicates that either the
separation between presentation and processing is lost, or that the
behaviour at the processing level is not defined well enough to make it
clear how the user should interact with it.

I think it would make the calls a bit more targeted if we can recognize
when the conversation becomes more about the underlying mechanics and
defer that to discussion in a non-UI forum?

As always, all comments are welcome.

	Cheers,
	Kris