Re: user discussion & meeting and more meetings

Andrew Cagney wrote:

There are several ideas to kick around:
-> expand Wednesday morning's meeting to include other matters
-> add a second weekly meeting
-> Cycle the Wednesday meeting so that it alternates between user / technical / co-op focused
-> have less regular technical/co-op focused meetings
-> use mailing lists and irc for technical stuff
-> ...

I've two personal and strong preferences:
-> not have too many meetings
-> keep discussion focused, for instance, as been done with UI discussion

Comments and suggestions.

Personally I find short meetings more productive than longer ones. So two 30 minute meetings, for me, are always invariably more productive that one hour long plus. This is especially true when the meetings require close following of both the speech on the phone, as well as following prompts on the vnc session.

That being said, I personally think the weekly UI meetings are just going to run into each other, as the deliverable from one meeting to the other take more than one week to complete.

My own personal preference would be cycle the Wednesday meeting, accordingly.

Regards

Phil

Andrew