Re: way to grahpically interact; for ui discussion

Phil,

Yes, Coccinella is good for two people but not a group.

The only pratical(?) option I know of is:

-> specify a TIME and have everyone build a tree from that time
Hopefully, and ignoring portability issues, letting people describe the interaction so people can follow locally. This of course will still mean that directly seeing what is done isn't possible

-> require any on-branch changes first be put on the web as a series of screen shots

Do people thing this is workable? Give it a try?

Beyond that I can think of is to somehow put a scratch-install machine on the Interweb for just the duration of the discussion. Would be higher overhead, and would limit discussion to just what was built on that machine. Things here are screwed down so tight that won't happen, and even internet-cafe's are so firewalled as to not help.

Andrew

Phil Muldoon wrote:
Andrew Cagney wrote:
Hello,

Any one know of good free shared interaction "stuff"? I'd like to see an open meeting on thursday mornings (TO time) where people can discuss UI aspects of frysk. This means looking at screen shots, and even read-only access to a desktop. Unfortunatly I can't find any useful free technology to facilitate this.

The problem is that all the s/w i know of requires holes to be punched into a firewall. Does any one know of something suitable for properly open colab?

Sami and I used to use Coccinella which runs over the jabber network to provide a virtual white-board. It had some issues, but it seemed to work ok between two people. No idea if that would scale to team level interaction. There seems to be buckets of white-board applets, but they require a server to host. The link for Coccinella is at:

http://hem.fyristorg.com/matben/

On the whole it seems that this area is under-served with utilities.

Regards

Phil