Re: Config rewrite part I (there might be two)

Mark Wielaard wrote:
Hi Andrew,

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 15:51 -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
I've changed the way frysk.Config works so that all code - both test and install code only needs to refer to frysk.Config for paths. This eliminates the need for frysk.junit.Paths and the need to be setting lots of paths as part of startup.

I'll look at it today; 32-on-64 needs some review. Your correct to conclude that those tests should not be directly manipulating Config. Was there a bug?

On the bright side, I fixed the installed frysk, its paths and installed files are should be correct again.

Andrew

This breaks the frysk.proc.TestIsa test64To32Isa() and test64To32To64()
tests since getExec32Prefix() returns null because
frysk::Config::createInstallConfig() and
frysk::Config::createBuildConfig() explictly do:

  config->thePkgLib32Dir = NULL;
  config->thePkgLib64Dir = NULL;

I assume TestIsa should use explicitly use the
createInstall32On64Config() and/or createBuild32On64Config() functions
to set Config up correctly. But you write:

funit and TestRunner will use this, but nothing else should.

So I am not sure where/how to correct this regression. Could you take a look?

Thanks,

Mark