Re: [fedora-java] src.zip's and rpms in Eclipse

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 18:57 -0600, Phil Muldoon wrote:
>  Is
> there a Wiki page, guide .. or general advice to accomplish this as it
> is done via the Classpath rpm?

I was under the impression that Eclipse finds the target JDK's src.zip
based on well known conventions of JDK layout (which we follow in
java-1.4.2-gcj-compat).  As far as I know there's no way to do this for
random jar files.  You need to manually attach the source jar/zip to the
jar file within Eclipse.

Perhaps it makes sense to add a manifest file tag identifying the
location of the jar file's source code.  Then Eclipse could be taught to
look for the source itself.  Maybe this is something Andrew and team can
tackle as part of their new Eclipse Linux packaging effort at
eclipse.org.

AG