Re: New TestRunner options: -n --all --stress

Chris Moller wrote:
Another handy one would be an option to limit the test to specific
cases, like:

./TestRunner frysk.proc.TestProcTasksObserver -c
testManyExistingThreadDetached
Or:
./TestRunner frysk.proc.TestProcTasksObserver.testManyExistingThreadDetached
(options after arguments get bad kama ;-), yes everyone wants that :-)

As far as I know, though, the JUnit interfaces do not make this possible. A second set of eyes here to look at this would be useful.

Andrew

which would run only the testManyExistingThreadDetached case in
frysk.proc.TestProcTasksObserver.  Right now, if I want to select (or, a
variant, omit) specific cases, I have to edit the Java and rebuild.

It didn't even occur to me that TestRunner was mutable--I thought it was
part of some testing thingy.  I'll look into adding
select-case/omit-case options after I get back from delivering kids to
school.  (I'm only a part-time RedHatter--my real job is School Bus Driver.)

cm

Andrew Cagney wrote:
Hello,

I've added a few options to TestRunner, and funit:

-n: do not run tests, just print out the classes that would be tested
--all: run all tests (by default stress tests are excluded)
--stress: run stress testes (by default stress tests are excluded)

And modified the default behavior so that stress tests are not
normally run (subject to change - running them in the build tree but
not ex-tree for instance).

For instance, to get a list of the stress test classes:

$ ./frysk-core/TestRunner --stress -n
frysk.proc.StressAttachDetachManyTasks
frysk.proc.StressAttachDetachRapidlyCloningMainTask
frysk.proc.StressAttachDetachRapidlyForkingMainTask
frysk.proc.StressAttachDetachSignaledTask
$

Andrew