Re: Stepping

> > When instruction stepping we might want to switch to the disassembly
> > window. Why is that disabled for x86_64 btw? I have used the
> > lib.opcodes.Disassembler for fstep and that does seem to work.
> >

> That's a good question - I just tried it out myself and it seems to
> work. It was disabled previously because of several inua bugs which
> broke it on x86_64, same with the memory window. But it appears that
> these might be fixed by Tim as to allow both these windows to be
> enabled. I'll investigate a little more - thanks for the heads up.

Strange. Looks like the disassembler and memory windows work fine on
Intel 64, but not AMD 64. Uh oh.

By the way, instruction stepping is technically already implemented in
the disassembler by 'incrementing' the memory address, which iterates to
the next full assembly instruction in memory. The idea for the
SourceWindow is to step a series of individual instructions,
highlighting the relevant line, be it 2 or 4 or 6 instructions before
the next line step.

- Mike