Re: frysk-core/frysk/proc LinuxTask.java TestProcS ...

> > Nurden, I would greatly expand the comment though, make it more blunt,
> > and prefix with XXX so we know its bad; and reference the frysk bug
> > number; and post it here :-)

/*
 * XXX: Linux kernel has a 'feature' that if a process is already
 * stopped and ptrace requests that it be stopped (again) in order to
 * attach to it, the signal (SIGCHLD) notifying frysk of the attach's
 * pending waitpid event isn't generated.
 */

/*
 * XXX: This line sends another signal to frysk notifying about the
 * attach's pending waitpid regardless of whether the task is running or
 * stopped. This avoids hangs on attaching to a stopped process. Bug
 * 3316.
 */

Here is my understanding of what the problem is and what I've done.
(Okay so the technical parts have been stolen from cagney's explanation)