Re: frysk-core/frysk/proc LinuxTask.java TestProcS ...

Mark Wielaard wrote:
Hi Nurdin,

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 19:57 +0000, npremji@sourceware.org wrote:
frysk-core/frysk/proc
* LinuxTask.java (sendAttach): Manually tell the thread that the process
has been attached Fixes 3316.

Could you explain this a bit?
Kernel "feature", do I need to go on? ;-)
Nurden, I would greatly expand the comment though, make it more blunt, and prefix with XXX so we know its bad; and reference the frysk bug number; and post it here :-)
As far as I can see this change makes it so that a SIGCHLD is send to
the Thread calling sendAttach(). Why do we want to do that? Is that
Thread special. And if so, how does it react to a SIGCHLD?

BTW. You seem to use a different method of indentation then is customary
in the rest of that file.

Likely eclipse vs emacs again - emacs thinks Java indentation is 4 characters, eclipse I'm not sure. Fixed if someone re-indents the file.

Andrew

PS: Kernel doesn't send frysk a SIGCHLD, notifying of the presence of waitpid event, when attaching to a suspended process.