Re: Source window stack tabs

Hi Mike,

On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 17:10 -0400, Mike Cvet wrote:
> Here is a screenshot of some local work involving multi-Task stack
> unwinding in the source window. The stack traces for each thread are
> displayed in their own tab in a Notebook widget.
>
> I'm looking for any usability or other suggestions!

Do the stacks really belong in the source window? I would expect the
stack in the main window where I also see all the Tasks that they belong
to. If they are "attached" to the source window then it might be nice to
have some indicator which stack (frames) are actually inside code in
current source the user is viewing. Or maybe we just need a separate
Stacks window?

The addresses and function names don't line up. It would make it a
little easier to read if they were.

My favorite request would be to be able to click on a stack frame entry
and set a Code Observer there (so, just on that address, as opposed to
on all addresses associated with the function source line). Just to see
the breakpoints in action in the gui :) And double clicking on an frame
entry should get me to the source file/line in question.

Cheers,

Mark