Re: Two patches to add bi-arch test in frysk.

Yong Zheng wrote:
On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 20:07 +0800, Yong Zheng wrote:
On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 14:02 -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:

The patches to add bi-arch test in frysk is blocking by some problems
found in PPC64. After we do some modifications on the patches, we will
post them out again. Sorry for that!

Based on the previous two patches post, we do some modifications and now
post out the latest patches to add bi-arch test in frysk. The main
modifications are focused on how to filter the "-m64" option in PPC64.

Our first try is to intent to specify "-m64" as CFLAGS and then filter
it when compiling and linking but fail.

The second try is to filter the COMPILE and LINK which carry "-m64" in
PPC64. It's just for this that we have to generate all rules for arch32
target in Makefile.gen.sh. Please review the attached patches for
details.

Now, the patches work well in X86/X86_64/PPC64 based on the cvs
head(09-20). But it has the following disadvantages:

After applying the pathes, automake will generate some garbage rules in
Makefile.in, which will be commented in Makefile on X86_64/PPC64 but
will be passed into Makefile in X86 after running configure script. Of
course, the garbage rules will influence nothing.

That is ok. I can grub through the code and dig up other examples of harmless rules.
Being able to specify the 32-bit tests will help us get them working. I see the man page is also updated, wicked!

Thanks for this, yep ok.
Andrew

After applying the patches and building frysk, you can run the following
command to do bi-arch test(in fact, it's just do arch 32 test on
X86_64/PPC64 now):

	./TestRunner --help # output the usage info of TestRunner
	./TestRunner        # do what it used to do
	./TestRunner --arch=<64|32> # run the 64-bit or 32-bit cases.

After you install the frysk, you can run the test through funit with the
similar commands as the above.

2006-09-20 Yong Zheng <zhengyo@cn.ibm.com>

* common/acinclude.m4: Call FRYSK_DO_BIARCH_TEST. * common/Makefile.gen.sh: (echo_biarch_PROGRAMS): Output of
rules for bi-arch test.
* common/Makefile.rules (pkglibexec_biarch_PROGRAMS,
pkglibexec_biarchdir): Define. * common/TestRunner.javain: Refactor to suport bi-arch test.
* common/m4/frysk-do-biarch-test.m4: New file, defines
FRYSK_DO_BIARCH_TEST.

* frysk-imports/frysk/Config.javain (PKGLIBEXEC_BIARCHDIR):
Add. * frysk-core/frysk/pkglibexecdir/funit.java (main): Add support
for bi-arch test.
* frysk-imports/frysk/ju0nit/Runner.java (repeatValue,
justBiarchTest, includingBiarchTest, testCases, parser): New.
(usage): New method.
(setTestCases, GetTestCases): New methods.
(setBuildArch, GetBuildArch): New methods.
(runArchCases): New method.
(runArch32Cases): New method.
(Runner): Refactor to support bi-arch test.
* frysk-core/Makefile.am: Add rules for funit-child-alias.
* frysk-core/frysk/pkglibexecdir/funit.xml: Update the --arch
option info.

Please reivew. And any comments are welcome!
ok to commit?

Best regards
Yong Zheng