Re: Problems building frysk

On Sep 19, 2006, Stepan Kasal <skasal@redhat.com> wrote:

>   it seems that your commit to
> frysk-imports/lib/unwind/cni/StackTraceCreator.cxx
> has broken the build with -Werror.

Odd, I don't even get a warning.  Not even with -W -Wall...  What
compiler are you using?  I'm on FC6T3+ (tracking rawhide) x86_64.

> lib/unwind/cni/StackTraceCreator.cxx:146: warning: type-punning to incomplete type might break strict-aliasing rules

> Could you give me any hint how could that be fixed?

The canonical way to work around this error, when you know what you're
doing, is to add a cast to (void*) between the final cast and the
expression.  In this case, it is safe, because the pointer is only
dereferenced after it is cast back to the original type.  A comment
to this effect would probably be a good thing.

Secretary for FSF Latin America        http://www.fsfla.org/