Re: agenda 2006-09-19

Andrew, any minutes for this meeting? (Sorry, I am asking for this again. :-)

Here are some status from our side.

Andrew Cagney wrote:
upstream kernel and utrace - roland, cmoller
fc6 test3 can't be installed onto ppc64 at this time, we are struggling to see if we can work-around that. So we don't run any test on utrace yet. :-(
If the installation of fc6 can't be fixed in a couple of days. We will switch to rawhide to do the test.

backtraces (libunwind, ...) - mcvet, ...?
Corey Ashford are porting libunwind to ppc64. I also run some tests with the latest libunwind code, Alex's patch can fix quite some questions. That is great!

fstack - npremji
what is fstack supposed to do? something like pstack? If it is, this can be also taken as a test sceanrio for libunwind. :-)

64-bit (ppc64, x86-64) - timoore, ...?
Yao and Yong are working on some aspects of this. Yong encountered some problems when adding bi-arch support for the testsuite. Wish we can resolve that soon.

breakpoints (low level, high level) - mjw, timoore
disassembly display - mcvet
Yao did some work in this aspect and posted a patch. And he found later that mcvet are working on this too and checked in something similar. Yao is a little frustrated to see this. We might need to find ways to eliminate this kind of duplicate work. to make Yao happy.... :-)

Besides these, we also did some hacking here and there, randonmly. Yao's syscall patch make ftrace works basicly ok on x86_64 and ppc64, on 64-bit binary.

More solid integration between dogtail and frysk - pmuldoon, ldimaggi
source view, print simple variables, show inline code (use libdw) - stan, adam, rmoseley
java-gnome memory smash - pmuldoon, cagney, sami?
rpm updates and patch backports - kasal, cagney
test coverage automation and test coverage - cagney, stan

--

instruction stepping and the blocking observer - tba
console window aka the CLI - requires closure