Re: [patch review] Syscall for multi-arch support

Yao,

w.r.t., checking syscalls, Sami persued this and, I believe, got it working by cross checking against the audit package (that has a full system call list, and "must" be correct). Having the cross check is very important as, maintaining the list is never done - linux will continue to breed system calls.

Perhaps Sami can fill in the details here.

Andrew

Yao Qi wrote:
On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 05:51:25PM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
"Yao" == Yao Qi <qiyaoltc@cn.ibm.com> writes:
I generally like this patch. I've got a few comments about it.

Yao> It would take me a whole day to look up system call numbers for
Yao> different architectures. :)

Automation would be good... too bad there's no way to do this
dynamically.
Syscall spec of the same name is the same on all the architectures, so
most of the work is copy-paste.  Luckily, this work is
once-done-for-ever. :)