Re: Test and fix for syscall observer adding (bug #3147)

Hi Phil,

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 16:34 -0500, Phil Muldoon wrote:
> I just managed to take a look at this. A smoke test from the ui (where
> the problem is seen) shows that the error has been fixed. However I'd
> like to test it a little more  before I close the bug.

Great, thanks for testing.

> For reference, could you have a stab at explaining how this was not
> caught in the core testsuite, but the ui exposed it? When a bug only
> happens in the ui it is very tricky to write up a deterministic
> failure-reproducer, so we are somewhat stuck when we see situations like
> this. :(

I don't know. This was just one case for which there was no explicit
testcase. There is one now to make sure it stays fixed. I wasn't
actually able to reproduce it using FryskGui, but since you attached a
log I was able to deduce what was happening and write a core test that
replicated the issue.

Cheers,

Mark