Re: About the GUI blankness problem

Hi, Phil,

Thanks! We use "ssh -X" to forward X11 to our local machine. It works ok. Don't find any blankness till this time. Yeah, that is really great!

But vnc is still a problem, I am thinking of filing a bug against vnc. Which is the most proper place to file this bug? Thanks!

Regards
- Wu Zhou

Phil Muldoon wrote:

Phil,

We had to use the GUI through vnc because all our
ppc64 machines are headless (this is to save expense).
We ever suspect the problem lies in vnc too, but
don't figure out any way to verify.

The quickest way is to find a PPC64 that has a display attached to it, and test it there locally. A secondary test would be to run a remote session of Frysk via SSH and test that (ie ssh into the ppc64 box with ssh -X). Both of those would work around the need of vnc?

Regards

Phil