Re: Make TestBreakpoints deterministic

Is it a non-detached terminate event you're seeing? If a process is a child, rather than a daemon, then there's the potential for two events:

- the exited status, from the attached process

- the exited status, because it is a child (the traditional waitpid child stuff)

could it be that you're seeing?

Andrew

The eventloop isn't running during teardown. It is just that the kernel
for whatever reason decides we might still be interested in the
terminated event later even though we are already detached. So before we
restart the eventloop we need to make sure we have really seen this
process disappear because otherwise we risk the kernel letting us know
about that event at some later point in time. So we cannot rely on just
the kills and detaches of the teardown for procs we have been attached
to.

Cheers,

Mark